Do you watch the Food Network as much as I? Do you consider Bobby Flay a close friend? I believe that Guy Fieri has the best job in the world, traveling the country and tasting food from a-z in Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
Did you know that May is National Barbecue Month?
In fact a majority of Americans believe that cooking outdoors can be even easier than cooking indoors (81%) and prefer cooking out over eating out to save money (71%), according to HPBA National Barbecue Month (NBM) Poll results.
Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer is upon us. What will you be doing? Just for the record, summer officially begins this year on June 20th.
Triple AAA says more than 38 million people will be traveling this weekend.
If no plans to get out of town, stop by GPL instead, to browse our shelves for great ideas on Barbecuing.
Whether experienced or a beginner chef, the library will have ideas to inspire and motivate you to get outdoors and grill!
Take a look at our “delicious” offerings:
- Myron Mixon’s BBQ rules: the old-school guide to smoking meat (2016)
- Low & slow 2: the art of barbecue, smoke-roasting, and basic curing (2015)
- Franklin barbecue: a meat-smoking manifesto (2015)
- Low & slow: the art and technique of braising, BBQ, and slow roasting (2014)
- The Cook’s Illustrated guide to grilling and barbecue (2005)
I am definitely not a candidate for Top Chef. However I’ll be there with a dessert or side salad if invited.
Remember first stop by the Greenburgh Public Library to get the party started!