The Greenburgh Children’s Room
2017 Summer Reading Game – Build a Better World
Registration for the Summer Reading Game will begin at our kick-off party on
Tuesday, June 27th at 7:00 p.m
We are wild about reading!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Register your child and download a reading record to get started today!
Click on item for more information.
Book Buddies Summer 2017
Mondays from 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Avoid the summer brain drain! Practice your reading with one of our experienced Book Buddies either on a Monday or Wednesday starting on July 10th through August 16th. Sign up online for one 30 minute session per week and build on your reading skills for a better you!
Registration for children entering grades 1- 3 begins June 26th for Week 1.
- To register click on Events on the main menu.
- Click on Monthly Calendar.
- Select the Book Buddies Session to register your child.
Graded Book Lists:
Frequently Asked Questions about the Children’s Room
- Do I have to register my child for the Storytimes and musical programs?
- We do not require registration (at present) for the weekly Storytimes.
- However, we do register for special programs. If registration is required, it will be noted on our calendar and program flyers. We do ask, if you are unable to attend a program you have registered for, please let us know. Program space is often at a premium, with a waiting list.
- Can my child have a snack in the library?
- There are tables downstairs to have snacks. We ask that you finish eating and drinking downstairs.
- Can I leave my child alone in the library?
- Children twelve years and older may stay in the library unaccompanied by an adult.
- Children nine to eleven may stay alone in the Children’s Room only if there is a supervising adult with them in the building.
- Children under eight must be directly supervised in the Children’s Room by an adult (not an older child) at all times.
- Children twelve and under left unattended at library closing time will be escorted to the Greenburgh Police Department by the officer responding to our call.