The Greenburgh Children’s Room
Have you been to the new Children’s Space on the second floor of the library? If not come and take a look!
There are more things for kids of all ages to do!
Come stop by the library and have a look at all there is to see, read and do!
We are wild about reading!
Here are some readers who have read
1,000 Books before Kindergarten!
GPL’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program
Register your child and download a reading record to get started today!
Play ABC Mouse in the library or at home.
Graded Book Lists:
Frequently Asked Questions about the Children’s Room
- Do I have to register my child for the Storytimes and musical programs?
- We do not require registration (at present) for the weekly Storytimes.
- However, we do register for special programs. If registration is required, it will be noted on our calendar and program flyers. We do ask, if you are unable to attend a program you have registered for, please let us know. Program space is often at a premium, with a waiting list.
- Can my child have a snack in the library?
- There are tables downstairs to have snacks. We ask that you finish eating and drinking downstairs.
- Can I leave my child alone in the library?
- Children twelve years and older may stay in the library unaccompanied by an adult.
- Children nine to eleven may stay alone in the Children’s Room only if there is a supervising adult with them in the building.
- Children under eight must be directly supervised in the Children’s Room by an adult (not an older child) at all times.
- Children twelve and under left unattended at library closing time will be escorted to the Greenburgh Police Department by the officer responding to our call.