Welcome to the Children’s Room.
We look forward to showing you our wonderful Children’s Room on the second floor.
You will find a wide range of books, magazines, DVDs, CD audio books, Playaways and CDs for kids.
We are wild about reading!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Register your child and download a reading record to get started today!
Graded Book Lists:
Frequently Asked Questions about the Children’s Room
- Do I have to register my child for the Storytimes and musical programs?
- We do not require registration (at present) for the weekly Storytimes.
- However, we do register for special programs. If registration is required, it will be noted on our calendar and program flyers. We do ask, if you are unable to attend a program you have registered for, please let us know. Program space is often at a premium, with a waiting list.
- Can my child have a snack in the library?
- There are tables downstairs to have snacks. We ask that you finish eating and drinking downstairs.
- Can I leave my child alone in the library?
- Children twelve years and older may stay in the library unaccompanied by an adult.
- Children nine to eleven may stay alone in the Children’s Room only if there is a supervising adult with them in the building.
- Children under eight must be directly supervised in the Children’s Room by an adult (not an older child) at all times.
- Children twelve and under left unattended at library closing time will be escorted to the Greenburgh Police Department by the officer responding to our call.